6A's shared items

Monday, January 9, 2012

Why the Confucius facial hair?

Call it a late quarter life crisis or what you wish, it's just something I wanted to try. It was inspired by Movember, or No Shave November, where men grow out their facial hair during the month of November for prostate cancer awareness. Anyways, after surviving a month of negligible growth, it had grown to a point where it was definitely noticeable even from a distance. I figured, it's been a month, why not keep it going and see what happens? That's when people started w/ the comments. Haha, it's funny how when people say something negative about something, it really makes me want to keep doing it or keep it (ie. growing out long hair, getting corn rows, etc). After a week or so of mustache jokes, I decided to keep it for about half a year. I'm not sure yet, but I'm thinking I want to try getting my mustache to about halfway down my chin. Get some pictures to document that it was that point, then trim up the facial hair. Who knows. haha Sooooo yup! I bought myself a mustache/beard trimmer yesterday so I'm excited to start playing with it later!

1 comment:

  1. Ewwww~ I'm not sure if we can be friends and take a photo together in April... in pictures its a LOT to look at... in real life I can only imagine... ... ... ... . . ... .. . ... . . . ... LOL~ and we tell u these things cus we care ;p. but yous a man... do what you gotta do!

    ReplyDelete