6A's shared items

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Milestone Song




I love music. Finding that song that perfectly encapsulates everything you're feeling has got to be one of the best experiences.  It's like the essence of the song fuses in with your soul and things just seem right.

One of my favorite hobbies is to make playlists every season.  This started back in high school in my more emo days.  Oftentimes there would be a song that would stand apart from the rest of the list (usually because it resonated with my feelings of unrequited love).  To this day whenever I hear one of those "milestone songs", I get a rush of memories from that time of my life.  If you know me well, my memory sucks, so the fact that music helps me remember things makes it all the more important to me. 

This year, I've had the privilege of being on band (playing drums!).  Part of that responsibility is to try to find songs that we think would be appropriate for where our church is at.  Unfortunately, I'm still 0-4 in song suggestions making it into the band song list, but one of the new songs we're learning this semester really stands out to me.  It's still early, but I have a strong feeling that it will be one of those "milestone songs" for this semester.  The song lays out so simply God's power and majesty and the lyrics yearn for things that we are so desperate to see happen in our church. 

Every time I listen to this song, I am filled with excitement and wonder at what God has in store for us this year.  How awesome will it be to look back on this semester and hear all the stories of lives God has touched?

1 comment:

  1. Fitness Boot Camp
    Wow, that really impressed me! I like your ideas. And the cartoon made it even better! Thanks for sharing your concept! Cheers

    ReplyDelete