6A's shared items

Sunday, October 18, 2009

TYW a wedding, a new job, and a new look

Shoot, it's been over a week since I last updated...

Wedding
Grace and Yohan's wedding was gorgeous. Yohan was pimpin' it and Grace looked beautiful, not to mention every aspect of the wedding was balling! It was great getting to see and reconnect w/ so many people, but it was a bit bittersweet since I had to say goodbye so quickly. Just wanted to also give a special thanks to Yong Woo for being a great host and driving me all around New York.


New Job
After getting a week under my belt, work has been incredibly draining. I work as a Teaching Assistant in the DARTS program at Del Valle Middle School, which is a place where students who have difficulties staying under control in the classroom get sent for us to calm them down. Needless to say, it gets pretty hairy in there. Most of the kids are good underneath their rough exterior, and I'm excited to keep working with them.
Once again, I just have to give a huge praise to God for this job, and an equally huge thanks to Touf for all his help in my job searching. I know many of you also lifted up prayers for me this past 2 months and I know each and every one of them played a part in my being employed now. Thanks Thanks Thanks!!!
I'll try to share more about the job later, but I don't want to overwhelm you guys.

New Look
Most of you probably don't remember Jorgy in anything other than his viking beard covering his face. On a whim, Matt decided he wanted to shave it off and asked for my help in figuring out the best way to shave it off. Below is the documentation of the transformation from "Wildman" to "prepubescent".

No comments:

Post a Comment